What’s love got to do with it?
There are so many types of LOVE. Sometimes we get hung up on the most publicized love — romantic love. Romantic love is awesome! It’s exciting, it’s consuming, it’s over the top wonderful! I have absolutely nothing against romantic love. The Greeks called it EROS. This is the first stage of love – infatuation, sexual, all consuming.
Somehow, when we don’t have this type of love in our lives, we feel like there is something wrong with us. We think we are losers, we think we are truly missing out on life. We certainly are missing out on that kind of love, but that doesn’t mean that we are poor, pathetic individuals with no life and no love! Let’s take a look at some other types of love that are equally, if not more amazing!
- How about friends? Someone you can truly count on, share with and have a blast with?
- How about pets? Does anything feel better then a cuddle with a pet you love, that loves you unconditionally? Personally, I don’t think so!
- How about the love of children, one’s own as well as grandchildren, nieces, nephews, the children of your friends? AWESOME!!
- How about parents and siblings? If you are lucky enough to have a great relationship with them, families are so wonderful!
- How about a great book or movie? How about nature? Skiing on a perfect day, boating , running, a nice walk? These are the makings of peak moments.
I could go on and on.
Remember to look at all types of love and feel blessed to be alive!